electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Onkyo TX-NR609 no sound
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gareth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just had the same problem on my NR609 as Dire Wolf and others have noted: all working fine for ages then suudenly one day no sound from any source and I don't hear the switching when I change inputs, and the network and firmware update options are greyed out. I too have tried hardare reset and also tried updating firmware from USB but update option remains greyed out.

I see from other forums, lots of people have had issues of no sound with this amp after about 2 years and a google search even found an entry about the network and firmware options being greyed out on the Onkyo site, but Onkyo have since removed it,

Gareth
jesebo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Same thing (france) Reply with quote

Hi,
I open a case today because I've the same trouble.
The NR609 works a few days ago, ... yesterday no sound.
I check all cables, all seem to be fine.
I wrote a help message to Onkyo. I will write if there is a response.

Note : Audyssey entries are grayed too.
gazvstuart

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: onkyo tx-nr609 no sound Reply with quote

hi new on here but been seeing same problem with this amp I also have the same problem but identifying the fault is a nightmare seems no one has a fix so hope this help you onkyo tx-nr609 no sound firmware grey I found this by fluke hold in bd dvd button keep holding while pressing power button will display hdmi board use keep holding bd dvd button and press power button second time hdmi ignor leave this setting by you will then notice when powering up the speaker relay will click in if you connect say cd input and go direct sound you will get sound outputted from speakers only thing you will not have any fancy controls with sound setting but it does prove your amplification is working and does prove hdmi board fault poss corrupted firmware I am now in process of trying to hard flash the board If I get success I will post thanks for reading garry stuart
Code:
chipman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: onkyo tx-nr609 no sound Reply with quote

gazvstuart wrote:
hi new on here but been seeing same problem with this amp I also have the same problem but identifying the fault is a nightmare seems no one has a fix so hope this help you onkyo tx-nr609 no sound firmware grey I found this by fluke hold in bd dvd button keep holding while pressing power button will display hdmi board use keep holding bd dvd button and press power button second time hdmi ignor leave this setting by you will then notice when powering up the speaker relay will click in if you connect say cd input and go direct sound you will get sound outputted from speakers only thing you will not have any fancy controls with sound setting but it does prove your amplification is working and does prove hdmi board fault poss corrupted firmware I am now in process of trying to hard flash the board If I get success I will post thanks for reading garry stuart
Code:

Garry, any luck with flashing the machine after that complicated reset procedure? Thanks!
[email protected]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:15 am    Post subject: Onkyo TX-NR609 receiver no sound, no net, not working Reply with quote

Add me to the list of NR609 2 years old failure club. Onkyo want's me to drive 50 miles during business hrs to take it to an authorized Onkyo service center. I have a full time job how am I supposed to do this? looks like I'll be spending my next paycheck on a Yamaha, Denon, Pioneer or Sony.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Stupid TX-NR609 Reply with quote

Had the same issue with no sound from any input, but I have mine set up on two zones. To my surprise, zone 2 works while zone 1 will not. I seem to recall encountering this issue before, and there was some setting that allowed for zone 1 to play, and it was not complicated, just one button or something. Anybody experienced anything like this?
jts1957

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

User Manual:

http://www.eu.onkyo.com/downloads/1/1/9/8/0/21977481_0a3ba5d1ee.pdf

Service Manual:

http://elektrotanya.com/onkyo_tx-nr609.pdf/download.html
Zoda

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: Onkyo problem Reply with quote

Add me also to the list of NR609 2 years old failure club. In Onkyo service told me that problem is on HDMI board and it will cost me about 150 Eur. Zoran from Serbia
SDS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No experience on this model but goind by similar symptoms on Harman-Kardon AVR 225, reballing large BGA chip on HDMI board could be a possible solution.
(Expensive throw-away junk!)
annoyed

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:33 am    Post subject: Add my TX-NR609 to the list Reply with quote

I have the SAME EXACT issue and it happened 2 months ago. I bought it BRAND NEW when it was first available in 2011 and it worked FLAWLESSLY until this issue. Why isn't there a fix ONKYO???????
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия