electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Philips 29PT9418/79G MG3.1A chassis problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Philips 29PT9418/79G MG3.1A chassis problem Reply with quote

I wonder if anyone out there can help me with this one, I have recently got an Philips 29PT9418/79G using the MG3.1A AA (same as the MG3.1E ) chassis & I have a problem with the vert sync after the set warms up for about 40-45 mins the set develops vert rolling when you are off channel (Blue background) & you get an black bar on the screen when you are on a channel you get a false vert lock with a black bar on the screen that varies in phase from one channel to another, the OSD and teletext also rolls as well.

I looked at the circut & have come to the conclusion that the TDA9330H (HOP, IC7300) could be at fault as the YUV & sync (Line doubled) from the feature box via the TDA9178 (TOPIC) & the RGB signals from both the PIP & micro/txt are also applied to that IC & the sync is regenerated locally on that IC & sent off to the line & frame o/p's.

I have also noticed that before the fault happens you can get problems like int poor interlace on teletext & OSD displays & line pairing on TV as well then the set rolls violenty then it settles down with the black bar on the screen.

I'm just wondering if there has been any problems of this nature happening with sets using MG3.1E chassis.

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would try replacing the capacitors around the sync IC, especially the filter capacitor(s) supplying it (low ESR), before changing the IC. Check all ICs' supplies for noisy dc.
Maybe someone else here is familiar with this fault?

Let us know your progress. Smile
marcoslimasilva

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: need help to repair philips mg3.2e Reply with quote

I have a poblem on philips MG3.2e. He is on protetion mode. I need a help. I need the sofware Compair. how can i get it.
gary

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COMPAIR IS NOT ONLY SOFTWARE IT ALSO CONSISTS OF AN INTERFACE THAT CONNECTS TO THE TV VIA INFRA RED & CABLE, THE SOFTWARE ALSO NEEDS TO BE ACTIVATED BY PHILIPS AFTER INSTALLATION, THEY DONT MAKE IT EASY, CURRENT VERSION OF COMPAIR IS 4 CDS SO ISNT SMALL. BEST TO TRY TO REPAIR WITHOUT COMPAIR.
esco

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: compair software Reply with quote

Hi, I need last version of Compair software to check LCD of Philips PF379986. Any help for me?
many thanks

[email protected]
davd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same model set, and only the bottom half of the screen displays a picture.The picture is not compressed, only halved. Its the same whether you use an antenna input or AV input.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия