electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Orion/Sansui Overscan issues / HDMI to PC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unInfallible

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Orion/Sansui Overscan issues / HDMI to PC Reply with quote

Hi, I am having major issues running my Orion/Sansui SLED 1980A TV via HDMI with my PC (I only use it as a monitor). The overscan is extremely annoying and the only way around it is to create a wacky custom res of something like 1884x1028 which I am told can be bad for the set. I have the service menu access code (power on tv, turn volume all the way down via set front volume button, hold remote channel key 9 for 2 seconds while holding volume down and the menu pops) but i have no experience with TV service menus and do not want to damage it. Any help turning the overscan off would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

And yes, I have thoroughly searched all of the normal menus and settings for an overscan adjustment, no luck.
abney317

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been looking for a fix for months... best I could do was edit the settings of my graphics card... but even then it's not quite right
Can't believe there isn't an option to turn off overscan

Couldn't figure out much on the service menus either =/ Wish there was a fix
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия