electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
YAMAHA DSP-A970 Wont Stay Powered On.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevinflath

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: YAMAHA DSP-A970 Wont Stay Powered On. Reply with quote

I have a DSP-A970 and its shuts off after about 3 seconds when I try to power it on.
I havent been able to find any kind of trouble shooting guide on this thing and I was hoping to get some input as to what could be the problem. I am an RF technician and quite familiar with circuit repair. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks

BTW, I have looked for the Service Manual and cant find it anywhere.
vtech

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin,
There is a diagnostic mode that can help out. You may have a blown channel or power supply problem. From my former days in consumer electronics, I happened to have a manual & will try to send it.
kevinflath

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Vtech... I just checked the voltages out of the transformer 5v, 19v and 31v. No idea what its supposed to be LOL so the specs would be very helpful!
Thanks.
Srinath

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Shorted transistor Reply with quote

This is almost textbook shorted transistor. I have had a denon that whe nI removed the output transistors off the board it would come on and stay on ... I put a new sheet of mica, some more thermal compound and it worked after that. Hope that helps.
Cool.
Srinath.
ricortes

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zombie thread!

I found the manual. Kind of a zombie thread but if you are still around, the problem is the power supply board when it goes out this early in the start up. On mine I was only getting 3.6V on the 5V supply. I replaced the 7805 type regulator and it started up and stayed on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия