electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
pioneer hi-fi problem, please help!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: pioneer hi-fi problem, please help! Reply with quote

Hello,

I am learning to repair electronics as my hobby, but unfortunately, I am now stuck with a problem and would really appreciate if someone could help.

I am trying to repair a Pioneer X-HM20 DAB Hi-Fi system where when I plug it in, the relay switch on primary part of PSU keeps clicking.

It clicks to connect, waits for about half a second, then clicks off and immediately clicks to connect again hence I can't manage to even bring it to standby mode. I think I need to also mention that it clicks as soon as I turn the power on at the socket unlike my other equipment which seems to charge up first before switching on, but perhaps it is by design. I bypassed the relay and the system still doesn't come on, the timer light keeps flashing.

On the output connections, there are 5V and 8V DC which read near same voltage, but there are two 12V connections which read 14.5V and 28V. The 28V drops down to 18V when connected to main PCB and the above mentioned 5V also drops to 4.6V. The others stay the same.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: pioneer hi-fi problem, please help! Reply with quote

Hey

I have exactly the some problem of you, I try desoldering the relay and to by pass the contact but That don't really work because the relay need one self-holding to fuctionning. Do you solve your problem if yes, how?

Waiting for your answer, kind regards Luc (from France).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Just found out that it is not actually the power supply that is faulty. Swapped it for another one from a working stereo and still it does the same. Tha fault is somewhere on the main PCB. Will look into it further.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello do you find some thing new? Not in my side.
Regards
Luc

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: It's working Reply with quote

Just for info, remove the battery inside remote control unit and start X-HM20
by using the touch in front of device and not with remote control unit.
novvac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello I have the same problem with this.

Is there solition for this ?

THX
Vaclav
Sokk221

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Para tener un
holiday palace
Montales

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Greetings Reply with quote

Nice community, I'm so much excited...
Thanks.
jtbeck

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: pioneer x-hm20 Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Hi. Just found out that it is not actually the power supply that is faulty. Swapped it for another one from a working stereo and still it does the same. Tha fault is somewhere on the main PCB. Will look into it further.

did you fix this? mine is doing the same
kfc55

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have the same problem with this.

ทางเข้า sbo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Електроника София - Service Manuals Free Download - Prikachi - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Search - Jabse.InK  - Pulsator

Connector Pinout Forum - Новини - SnimkiOt.com - безплатен DNS - Whois разузнаване - Poblizo.com : пътешествия