electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
No Sound from Onkyo Receiver -Please Help!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nasinu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: No Sound from Onkyo Receiver -Please Help! Reply with quote

I checked everything I know to check: Onkyo tx-ds575x

-the wiring in the back
-mute (daaaaa)
-etc

I thought it was a problem with the power supply but everything works the video which is ran via the receiver and it even recognizes DTS/Dolby when the DVD or Xbox is on. But it will not play the sound. I then thought that something inside my be wrong because sometimes I can switch it form stereo to surround setting - which some how gets the sound to work. It's now only working about 20% of the time that I want it to... Please any assistance would be wonderful.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you plugged your main speakers into the surround outputs of your amp by mistake?
Or blown your main drivers? It sounds like (pardon the pun) you are only hearing the surround sounds and not the main sound.
Have you tested your speakers on something else?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have same problem with my tx-ds494. no its not my speakers. or inputs, definately output in "A" speaker output. "B" speaker output works.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it has bad solder joints? Maybe it will work properly for awhile with the speakers on the 'B' output?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: onkyo TX-DS575X AV Receiver Reply with quote

I have a Onkyo TX-DS575X with the same problem. Any fixes yet.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: No Sound from Onkyo Reply with quote

This is a signal tracing task. Signal tracing is the most basic trouble shooting technique after simply eyeballing the board, looking for open connections, burned resistors and transistors, and leaky capacitors. It sounds like you have made sure that all control settings and external connections are correct, which leaves an internal defect as the probable cause.

You really need a manual and schematic for this kind of task so you can follow the signal through from the signal source to the speaker output.

The instrument consists of a series of circuit blocks performing specific tasks separated and coupled by either manual or electronic switches to select the desired signal source and direct it to the power amplifier section, then to the output terminals. If you think of the instrument in these terms instead of as a confusing mass of ICs, transistors, Rs and Cs, it is much easier to isolate the problem to a specific circuit block and locate the part causing the problem. This is very difficult to do in the absence of a schematic diagram.

The basic process is to identify the input and output of each circuit block, i.e., the precise blocking capacitor conveying the signal to the input IC or transistor of, say, the power amplifier and checking for the presence of a signal at that point. If you don't have enough experience to understand the schematic - that is, the function of each component of the instrument - this kind of trouble-shooting is very difficult. However, even at a more rudimentary level, you can at least figure out what the signal selector switches are doing and find out where the signal goes missing.

Sometimes a failed circuit component can be recognized once you know where to concentrate your attention. Look for anything out of the ordinary, like discolored resistors or circuit board areas, capacitor dielectric leaking, dry crust on an electrolytic capacitor seal or pressure relief button, etc. It is not rare to find that a lead on a component has a "dry" solder connection, that is, the solder only made physical contact with the lead, but did not "wet" it to achieve good electrical contact. Use a magnifying glass to examine each solder joint in the defective circuit block. The next step is to check bias levels on each transistor terminal d(they DO still use transistors, don't they?)

Good luck

awright
ddd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: onkyo TX-DS575X AV Receiver Reply with quote

I also have a TX-DS575X with same problem. It will produce sound for about 10 minutes then cut-out. Switch between sources or powering off and on will result in sound again. Headphones work at all times.
Lurker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: onkyo TX-DS575X AV Receiver Reply with quote

This is a common problem with Onkyos. There are about 10 muting transistors located on the preamp board that become leaky. This will cause shutdown when the volume is turned down or functions are changed. Also look for loose solder connections on the DSP board.
robbyk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: onkyo tx-ds575x Reply with quote

check with your local service shop I have the same problem dsp board is shot!!!
BRonald

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: onkyo txds575x Reply with quote

I have the same problem with no sound. Sometimes it comes back, but most of the time only a low volume of sound can be heard. The system is only 5 years old, kinda sucks.

Ronald
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия