electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Usa Device Repair From Using Uk Voltage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Triiickie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Usa Device Repair From Using Uk Voltage Reply with quote

Hi

I am not an electrician and would like to ask the community a question regarding a recently purchased from from the United States.

I purchased a uSqueez leg massager from the USA:

http://www.brookstone.com/osim-usqueez-app-controlled-foot-calf-massager

When returning to the UK, it was plugged via a standard adaptor you can buy (why it would let you do this I really don't know) and when doing so, it work for 3 seconds then a popping sound occurred. I then realised that I needed a step down converter form the USA 110v to the UK 230v. the product was expensive at $299 and it cannot be returned to the USA as it is not covered under warantee.

Does this mean the product is totally useless now or is there a way I can fix this? Not sure if there may be an internal fuse box I could replace, or request a part from the manufacturer and get an electrician to replace? I really hope a fix is available and any recommneded electicians would be most grateful.

Any help would be greatly received.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия