electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Don't know capicator type Please help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OGSTYLE

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Don't know capicator type Please help. Reply with quote

I am fixing a motor for a recliner chair. I think that a relay is fried. The one and only capicator on it is blown out. I am trying to figure out the info on this cap so I can replace it. The numbers on it are ICL12 10005. Please help me.

The relay this unit uses is a 812h-1c-c b12v would it be ok to use a rgtb-24vu in its place?

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Don't know capicator type Please help. Reply with quote

Looks like a Thermistor rather than a capacitor.
vtech

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, a 24volt relay will not work in place of a 12 volt plus it must have the same switching/pinout. And the device in picture is definitley NOT a capacitor & infact IS a Thermistor. Can not recall exactly where, but have seen it used on other control circuit boards (ICL is a correct prefix)
og style

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you tell me how to read the numbers on the component. I need to order a new one. I did not use my head when I asked about the relay. I should have known about that.
vtech

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "812h" series relays are manufactured by Gama electronics inc. You could try contacting them direct or look at the datasheet to find a suitable substitute

http://www.gamainc.com

http://www.gamainc.com/pdf/Rl3.pdf
og style

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry I was talking about the numbers on the Thermistor

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Don't know capicator type Please help. Reply with quote

The Thermistor appears to look o.k looking at the pic. Remember as this is a Thermistor it will be hot to the touch. It has a resistance when cold and when the unit is switched on current flows through it and the resistance falls as the current causes the temperature to increase.
vtech

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is rated as a 5 Amp thermistor & you should be ok to use a standard 5 amp thermistor.

Exact specs is listed down the chart;

http://www.alliedelec.com/Images/Products/Datasheets/BM/HONEYWELL_FENWAL/Honeywell-Fenwal_Actives-and-Passives_2540087.pdf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия