electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
re green background on sony kv32xbr96s

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
claudem



Joined: 31 Oct 2006
Posts: 8
Location: canada

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: re green background on sony kv32xbr96s Reply with quote

Thanks anyway Carcus for your help but useless for my problem,sorry to tell you that but your helpfull comments were dedicated to the previous
post for Todd Wallace ! sony xbr 5 blinking post on sun oct 29 4;12pm

hoping not to offend you knowing your expertise ill will be thankfull for your opignon solving my problem or steps to get rid of greenish background.
regards
Claude Marineau (claudem)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
carcus



Joined: 29 Oct 2006
Posts: 26
Location: England

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no worries Smile you have not offended me Smile

it all still applied in you case because you said :-
Quote:
led blinks none stop for 3 minutes with sound but no picture then picture comes back on for few seconds


you will prob find that the led is not blinking non stop and there is a very short pause so it could be "5 blinks with a very short pause then 5 blinks and so on for 3 minutes" or say "9 blinks with a very short pause then 9 blinks and so on for 3 minutes" but you do have to watch very closely ....

see if you can count them .... did you try teletext while you have no picture ?

also you can try tapping the neck of the CRT with the handle of a screwdriver while the set is running to see if there is any change.....

Best of luck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
carcus



Joined: 29 Oct 2006
Posts: 26
Location: England

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and it is worth checking the resistors on the tube base PCB incase any have gone high resistance or open circuit ... also look very closely with a magnifier incase any of the high value carbon type resistors have cracks in them especialy where the G2 / Screen voltage is fed in and goes through to the G2 pin on the CRT .....

Best of luck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fran



Joined: 04 Nov 2006
Posts: 2
Location: ma

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: SOny Reply with quote

May you need to use degaussing coil try first to unplug the from the household outlet wait a couple minutes plugg again , if does't work you maybe have check the digauss circuit don't have sckematic can't give more for now also see if have no motor. speakers,florescent lights that have starters near the set .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
claudem



Joined: 31 Oct 2006
Posts: 8
Location: canada

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: SOny Reply with quote

Fran wrote:
May you need to use degaussing coil try first to unplug the from the household outlet wait a couple minutes plugg again , if does't work you maybe have check the digauss circuit don't have sckematic can't give more for now also see if have no motor. speakers,florescent lights that have starters near the set .


thanks fran: degussing circuit is perfect all colors at there places (hearing the boing noise on powerup)
Carcus :teletex is not working when screen is blank while red led is blinking none stop without any pause until pictures come on. except the green is over (reduced gcut to from 8 to 3 ) all colors perfect except every thing thats is black is mixed with fainth green ,i think the 1k protection see something wrong with picture and kills crt .
example: when listening a dvd movie in 16/9 format the top and bottom of screen is suppose to be black? mine is dim green and if i use teletex is bright green.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
carcus



Joined: 29 Oct 2006
Posts: 26
Location: England

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok what so what i would do now to isolate wether its the video circuit or the crt is swap the green with say the red ..... so i would disconnect the green cathode by unsoldering the link or resistor that usualy leads to the green cathode pin on the tube base socket and the red also then using 2 peices of wire connect the output from the red to the green and the output from the green to the red .... if you then get a red tinted background you have a video fault and if you still get a green tinted background you have a crt fault ..............
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
claudem



Joined: 31 Oct 2006
Posts: 8
Location: canada

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: re sony Reply with quote

carcus wrote:
ok what so what i would do now to isolate wether its the video circuit or the crt is swap the green with say the red ..... so i would disconnect the green cathode by unsoldering the link or resistor that usualy leads to the green cathode pin on the tube base socket and the red also then using 2 peices of wire connect the output from the red to the green and the output from the green to the red .... if you then get a red tinted background you have a video fault and if you still get a green tinted background you have a crt fault ..............


hi carcus did wath you said interchange green with red at the input of crt pcb board :still have green tinted background Crying or Very sad
any solution to reduce the effect? not planning to replace crt.
thanks again
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
carcus



Joined: 29 Oct 2006
Posts: 26
Location: England

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well not really claudem ... you can try reducing the G cutoff a little more and you could try adjusting the screen/ G2 control on the flyback but to be honest these things usualy only get worse and you may start to get other issues also since what you will find is the crt has prob got a leakage between the green cathode and the heater or the grid .... all sorts of issues can occur from this later.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
claudem



Joined: 31 Oct 2006
Posts: 8
Location: canada

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carcus wrote:
well not really claudem ... you can try reducing the G cutoff a little more and you could try adjusting the screen/ G2 control on the flyback but to be honest these things usualy only get worse and you may start to get other issues also since what you will find is the crt has prob got a leakage between the green cathode and the heater or the grid .... all sorts of issues can occur from this later.....


thank-you for your help,played with g2 and gcut manage to get pretty good picture.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Електроника София - Service Manuals Free Download - Prikachi - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Search - Jabse.InK  - Pulsator

Connector Pinout Forum - Новини - SnimkiOt.com - безплатен DNS - Whois разузнаване - Poblizo.com : пътешествия