electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
JVC HR-D55OU VCR: Head Drum & Tape Feed Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
troubleshooter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: JVC HR-D55OU VCR: Head Drum & Tape Feed Problems Reply with quote

hi everyone,

In the following thread, I attempted cleaning the head drum of my JVC HR-D55OU VCR:

http://forum.eserviceinfo.com/viewtopic.php?t=35586

My experience (an excerpt from the above thread re-posted here for referral convenience) was the following:

I attempted said cleaning (with lint free cloth and isopropyl alcohol) and here's what resulted:

Problem 1) The pre-cleaning, snowy image breakup became good image upon post-cleaning playback, but only on the top two thirds of the monitor. The bottom third of the playback display continued to experience snowy image breakup.
Problem 2) Cleaning process resulted in new tape feeding problem. Upon play, tape now rides up on, over and off the guideposts (not sure what those are technically called), and tape starts to gang or scrunch into end spool on cassette.

. . . any thoughts or advice on where to proceed from here with regards to these two problems would be most appreciated.

thanks to all!

troubleshooter Wink
Sooper Guy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Dum my attempting to clean vid hds! Reply with quote

Lissen you utter fool- when you clean the heads with alky you must wait till alky dries off B4 you insert cassette- also you have probably damaged at least i vid head by rubbing the wrong way or else using excess pressure- kind regards, Kent.
vtech

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the guide rollers might have come loose from the base?

Try loading a tape & pause it right of way. Can you see the guide rollers all the way up to the "V" stop?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия