electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Help needed with old CD unit for MCC Smart

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Decode, Unlock, Service and hotel mode entry HowTo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jashan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject: Help needed with old CD unit for MCC Smart Reply with quote

Hi,

I've bought an old Grundig CD unit at a junkyard, which I will use as substitute for the casette unit.

The issue is that the unit comes without the code, and the sticker which should be in the side is not there (perhaps it got unsticked due to the time)

Anyway, there is a number engraved in the metal:

MC341641505105

And there is a small sticker with a bar code at the back of the radio, with the following info:

"C1 Smart CD"

Don't know if I've made a mistake buying this unit, but I did not realize that the main sticker was missing until I arrived home.

Thank you for your help!

Best Regards
jashan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Any help would be welcomed, I would like to install it in the car.

Thank you very much in advance

Cheers
tmcu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jashan wrote:
Hi!

Any help would be welcomed, I would like to install it in the car.

Thank you very much in advance

Cheers

You should be able to get the original code from the MC............ serial number
but I don't know any source of free codes .
jashan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi tmcu!

So the number which is engraved in the radio is not enough to find the code for this radio?

If so, what a pity, I've thrown my money... they will not refund me...

I have the VIN number of the car (I took a photo), but I doubt I will be able to find anything...

May I find anything inside of the radio, or do you think that there will not be there either?

Thank you
tmcu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jashan wrote:
Hi tmcu!

So the number which is engraved in the radio is not enough to find the code for this radio?

I have the VIN number of the car (I took a photo), but I doubt I will be able to find anything...

May I find anything inside of the radio, or do you think that there will not be there either?

Thank you

Sorry if I didn't explain well , yes you should be able to get the code from the engraved number and the vin number from the main dealer or find a local decoding (car audio shop etc. ) service who can recode it.
jashan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tmcu wrote:
jashan wrote:
Hi tmcu!

Thank you

Sorry if I didn't explain well , yes you should be able to get the code from the engraved number and the vin number from the main dealer or find a local decoding (car audio shop etc. ) service who can recode it.

So the issue is thatt you can not help me with this because is not as straightforward as it was with other old radios in the past, is that right?
tmcu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jashan wrote:
tmcu wrote:
jashan wrote:
Hi tmcu!

Thank you

So the issue is thatt you can not help me with this because is not as straightforward as it was with other old radios in the past, is that right?

There are quite some makes of radio that we can help with and quite some that we can't , some radio codes can be calculated from the serial number ,
some are just random issued when new and recorded in a database , most
grundig are the second type !
jashan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tmcu wrote:
jashan wrote:
tmcu wrote:
jashan wrote:
Hi tmcu!

Thank you

There are quite some makes of radio that we can help with and quite some that we can't , some radio codes can be calculated from the serial number ,
some are just random issued when new and recorded in a database , most
grundig are the second type !

Ok, understood, thank you very much tmcu

And couldn't you try to give me a code? Sometimes it works...

Kind Regards
jashan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

As it's not easy to find the code, just wanted to know if anyone knows any decoding service for this specific unit.

Thanks

Regards
tmcu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jashan wrote:
Hi all,

As it's not easy to find the code, just wanted to know if anyone knows any decoding service for this specific unit.

Thanks

Regards

You could try here , https://www.dndservices.co.uk/manufacturers_d.php?manufacturerid=56&mmode=decode
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Decode, Unlock, Service and hotel mode entry HowTo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: